End of International Conference for Best Practices in IHR implementation
The International Conference on “Best Practices in the implementation of International Health Regulations (IHR)“, organized in Athens at the Acropolis Museum on 7- 8 June by the Hellenic Center for Disease Control and Prevention (HCDCP), in collaboration with the European Commission and the Consumers, Health, Agriculture and Food Executive Agency (CHAFEA) under the auspices of the Ministry of Health was successfully completed.
The international conference was developed on six main thematic areas:
- Cross-border threats to public health and IHR implementation.
- Emerging biological, chemical and radiological threats.
- Cross-sectoral cooperation on health sector preparedness to address emergencies.
- Information on material and tools for use by Member States in order to strengthen national health systems.
- Migration crisis and public health.
- Conclusions and best practices in Greece and Europe.
During the multidisciplinary conference with the participation of prominent speakers, the importance of disseminating the results of European programs in the near future, the cross – sectoral cooperation and the need to strengthen national health systems was highlighted.
Press & Communication Office
2105212034 – 035